Every year since 2010 I have participated in the 100 Books in a Year Challenge. The challenge is exactly what it sounds like: my goal starting January 1st of any given year is to read 100 books by December 31st.
I have yet to reach the 100 book goal in any one year. Indeed, I know that the task is ambitious. Despite the chances of getting to 100 being slim, I still enjoy the race and it gives me the motivation to read as much as possible during the year.
I tend to be fond of long, laborious Sci-Fi and Fantasy books, which means my page count is high but my book count tends to be low. For the past few years I have kept a running list of read books in the posts section of my blog. However, I’ve found that this is not ideal since updating those posts does not bump them up in the list, and most of the time they end up buried with no way for people to see or comment on them. If you’re interested in what I have read in past years, feel free to check out the lists for 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, and 2015.
Here’s the running list for this year:
Running List of Read Books: 2016
- I, Robot by Isaac Asimov
- Nemesis by “
- Caves of Steel by “
- Naked Sun by “
- Robots of Dawn by “
- Robots and Empire by “
- The Stars Like Dust by “
- The Currents of Space by “
- Pebble in the Sky by “
- Prelude to Foundation by “
- Forward the Foundation by “
- Foundation’s Edge by “
- Foundation and Earth by “
- Mistborn by Brandon Sanderson
- Wizard’s First Rule by Terry Goodkind
- The Painted Man by Peter Brett
- Books of Blood Vol. 1 by Clive Barker
- Carmilla by J. Sheridan Le Fanu
- Weaveworld by Cliver Barker
- The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe by CS Lewis
- Prince Caspian by CS Lewis
- Witches of America by Alex Mar
I also keep a running list of books I want to read. If you would like to recommend something, please visit that post. The list is never complete!